Creating an Emergency Kit for Your Vehicle
It is never too late to add an emergency kit to your car. It’s common to need assistance when you least expect it, which is why Bright Bay Mazda service technicians firmly believe to be prepared ahead of time. Depending on the area you live in, if you’re traveling, or the season, emergency kits will vary. However, we have put together a list of high priority items every car owner should always carry.
If you don’t have these items in your vehicle, make sure to add them as soon as possible or update current items by checking their functionality.
- Spare Tire – Your Mazda should already have a spare. If so, check the air pressure. If you need to buy one, check out these Mazda tires.
- Jumper Cables – It is also a good idea to consider an Auto Jumper in case there isn’t a car in sight.
- Flashlight – Include extra batteries or opt for a chargeable flashlight.
- Extra Oil – In case you need to top off your oil before your next oil change.
- Windshield Wiper Fluid
- First-Aid Kit
- Non-Perishable Snacks – Protein bars, trail mix, and jerky are easy.
- Towing Rope - Select a towing rope with the proper diameter to prevent breakage.
- Snow Shovel
- Ice Scraper
In case you need to leave your car, Bright Bay Mazda encourages creating an on-the-go emergency kit. A few things to remember when putting these together include:
- Customizing backpacks according to age – If items such as clothing are included, make sure its suitable for the right person.
- Bulkier items might be needed such as a blanket.
Not only do we prioritize your shopping experience but we believe in extending our services beyond the purchase. Whether you own a Mazda or not, purchased your vehicle from us or not, we hope you take advantage of this and prioritize your safety! Of course, making sure you keep up on routine maintenance will lessen your chances of getting caught in a compromising situation, so stay on top of service on your vehicle by contacting Bright Bay Mazda.
If you need help or have questions putting your emergency car kit together, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 855-327-2989. You can also schedule an appointment online or visit us in Bay Shore, NY.